Our global network of expert researchers and analysts
Windpower Monthly, the only global media brand dedicated to the wind power industry, has been serving the market since 1985.
Windpower Intelligence was launched in 2010 and is based around our global network of experts, analysts and researchers with local knowledge, insight, networks and language skills.
Their expertise complements the Windpower Intelligence extensive primary and secondary research with developers, owners, turbine manufacturers and the wind supply chain. WPI offers your business the intelligence and data needed to support your strategy and planning.
Windpower Intelligence is your gateway to data and insights
Identify new business opportunities and better understand trends in the global wind energy market
- Benchmark your data and see what competitors are doing
- Identify new projects in the pipeline and track their status
- Monitor turbine purchase agreements and OEMs' market shares
- Searchable database of nearly 27,000 installed and planned wind farms, both onshore and offshore
- Up to 100 data points for each wind farm
- Daily bulletin updates on the latest project news
- Suite of regular, insightful reports including turbine sales and capacity forecasts
- Access available for subscribers to Tier 2 and above
WPI data insights
Real-time data updates
The Windpower Intelligence database is updated in real time, 24/7, by a global team of journalists and researchers with wind energy expertise.
- A wind farm record is created when at least its name, (planned) capacity, location and (estimated) online date are known.
- Wind farm records are updated whenever new information comes to light.
- A wind farm’s status is set to "online" when it is fully operational and sending power to the grid.
- From initial announcement to construction completion a project is "in progress".
- Inactive "in progress" records are routinely researched every six months and their status is set to “dormant” if no updated information can be obtained.
- We welcome feedback on individual records and more generally on our service.