Your gateway to data and insights
Identify new business opportunities and better understand trends in the global wind energy market
- Benchmark your data and see what competitors are doing
- Identify new projects in the pipeline and track their status
- Monitor turbine purchase agreements and OEMs' market shares
- Searchable database of nearly 27,000 installed and planned wind farms, both onshore and offshore
- Up to 100 data points for each wind farm
- Daily bulletin updates on the latest project news
- Suite of regular, insightful reports including turbine sales and capacity forecasts
- Access available for subscribers to Tier 2 and above
Data contained in database
Editorial add infogram charts here to show onshore vs offshore, accuracy, installed capacity, pipeline
Real-time database updates
The Windpower Intelligence database is updated in real time, 24/7, by a global team of journalists and researchers with wind energy expertise.
- A wind farm record is created when at least its name, (planned) capacity, location and (estimated) online date are known.
- Wind farm records are updated whenever new information comes to light.
- A wind farm’s status is set to "online" when it is fully operational and sending power to the grid.
- From initial announcement to construction completion a project is "in progress".
- Inactive "in progress" records are routinely researched every six months and their status is set to “dormant” if no updated information can be obtained.
- We welcome feedback on individual records and more generally on our service.
Responsive team of wind energy specialists
Global network of expert researchers
Since its launch in 2010, Windpower intelligence has availed itself of a global network of experts journalist and researchers with local knowledge and language skills.
Because of their wind energy expertise, they are able to complement web-based research through direct contact with developers, owners, turbine manufactures and the supply chain.