Wind technology forecast to 2025
Based on extensive primary research this study profiles the major wind power technology trends, and identifies which of these will have the greatest impact on the wind power industry over the next five to 10 years.
The study examines component by component significant issues affecting development, such as; access, transportation, power system demands, health and safety and so on.
From advances in component technologies to significant R&D projects, the report considers varying factors such as consumption, legislation and business dynamics.
Authors: Eize de Vries | Published: April 2015 | Pages: 118 | Figures: 48
Find out about
- How technology developments will affect the market globally
- Which technologies will have the greatest impact on the wind power supply chain
What do you get?
- Detailed analysis of the wind power sector globally
- A thorough assessment of wind power technology developments accross the supply chain to 2025
Who should buy this report
- Wind turbine manufacturers
- Components and equipment providers
- Wind maintenance and service companies
- Utilities and wind developers seeking opportunities
- Financial institutions assessing risk and opportunities
- Consultancies specialising in wind industry
- Renewables policy makers-national or regional
What’s included in the price?
- A hard copy of the report
- Electronic version with searchable PDF
- Global intranet licence, allowing data to be distributed throughout your organisation
How will Intelligence benefit you?
- Stay ahead of the competition by getting the latest industry figures and analysis
- Pinpoint growth and identify factors driving change
- Plan for the future with confidence
This report presents an overview and analysis of research and development trends over the next ten years for wind power technology.
Based on the Windpower Intelligence (WPI) database, we have also produced forecasts for the period 2015–25. These include:
• forecast of annual installed capacity per geographical region;
• forecast of turbine size for onshore and offshore models;
• forecast of drive systems and generator types
• forecast of offshore projects by water depth and distance from shore;
• and forecast of offshore projects by foundation type.
Using the WPI tracker as the foundation for our reports enables WPI to produce a bottom-up projection of future global market development around actual individual projects moving through the pipeline. For the purposes of this report, we only took account of projects that are currently ‘in progress’, meaning that they are not yet in operation, nor have they been put on hold or cancelled.
For the data analysis, we used a snapshot of the database taken on 11 February 2015. Information we may have learned after that date is not reflected in this report.
Our short-and medium-term forecasts of future installed wind capacity are drawn from the February 2015 issue of the WPI Global Forecast. This is a monthly forecast report that provides up-to-date country forecasts based on ongoing research alongside collection and verification of pipeline data.
Our long-term forecast of future installed wind capacity is produced based on analysis of future pipelines in our WPI database, linear regression analysis of historical installed capacity and research on individual countries’ policies and targets.
Pricing and contact
This report: €2,250
Get 3 reports for the price of two!
Contact us to find out more
If you would like a free sample of the report, please email the address below
DD: +44 (0) 20 8 267 8104