It comprises 19 Vestas 2 MW turbines. EDF EN owns 52.2% of the installation via its local subsidiaries, with the remaining 47.8% held by PPC Renewables, which belongs to Greek national utility Public Power Corporation (PPC). This is EDF EN's seventh installation in Greece, bringing its total capacity in the country to 187 MW. The company has another 141 MW under construction.
Leading business intelligence for the wind community.
- In-depth news, analysis, market insight and trends.
- Join today and get your first 30 days free
Sener and Amper plan to use experience from the Kincardine wind farm to create a new floating platform
Chinese turbine manufacturer secures contract for two large wind farms in deep waters off south-east China
Turbine manufacturer reports continuing supply chain challenges and market volatility in preliminary results
The wind industry’s supply chain continues to innovate in response to growing turbine sizes and cost pressures, both onshore and offshore
While floating wind is still a small offshore segment, it is seeing a lot of innovative design work. We look at some systems to watch
New private-public initiative launched to attract investment in manufacturing components for renewable energy sources
US utility unveils plans for its Wind Prime project, which would feature 2,042MW of wind and 50MW of solar capacity
BOEM’s final approval enables Ørsted and Eversource to begin construction of 12-turbine wind farm off the US’s east coast
Focus on lowering costs as turbine sizes increase, with the winning solution ready for future 20MW-plus powertrains
Danish wind turbine manufacturer recognised in global ranking for its recycling and emissions reduction goals
How a continuous monitoring solution from Ping is helping turbine owners and providers of predictive analytics minimise blade O&M costs
Sign up to this Windpower Monthly webinar to hear Hexagon and DNV discuss how a new strategic partnership is aiming to improve wind turbine development and certification – and how the latest technologies can help to reduce LOCE
Windpower Monthly talks to Head of Multibrand Service at Vestas, David Brett, about the company's multibrand service business, both in terms of its global footprint and the range of platforms within its portfolio
The more sophisticated the renewable energy asset, the more sophisticated system you need to support it. Get it right and you can save significant time, resource and money.