In mid October Minnesota regulators approved the state's second wind Request for Proposals (RFP), to total 100 MW. It is being issued by the Minneapolis-based utility Northern States Power. The first RFP resulted in 25 MW of Kenetech 33M-VS turbines which went on-line on Buffalo Ridge earlier this year. The state Public Utilities Commission approved the 100 MW wind RFP with only minor modifications, says NPS' Glynis Hinschberger. It was due to have been issued in mid October, with a final selection in approximately the second quarter of 1995, she said on October 13. The 100 MW could consist of one or more projects by different bidders, she said. Turbines could be from American or foreign companies. An as yet unnamed independent consultant will evaluate the bids.
Have you registered with us yet?
Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.