United States

United States

Foote Creek Rim ground breaking

Wyoming Governor Jim Geringer, together with as many as 175 other guests, were expected to attend a ground breaking ceremony for the 41.4 MW Foote Creek Rim wind plant of Mitsubishi turbines on September 26 in Arlington Wyoming. The project, to be fully operational late next year or early in 1999, will be located halfway between Rawlins and Laramie. PacifiCorp of Portland, Oregon, is to own 80% of the plant, and Eugene Water and Electric Board will own the remaining 20%. Federal power agency Bonneville Power Administration will buy 15 MW of the output of the facility, which is being developed by SeaWest Energy and Tomen Power Corp, a subsidiary of the Tomen trading group of Japan.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Windpower Monthly Events


Latest Jobs