Visit for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts



First 49.5 MW of 500 MW Mayitaso wind farm complete

China's Tacheng Tianrun Wind Power has completed construction of the 49.5 MW Phase I of its Mayitasi Wind Farm in the Xinjiang Uygur autonomous region, the first step towards a targeted 500 MW for the entire plant. Construction began in September 2007 and cost about CNY 390 million ($57.1 million). The plant, which is made up of 66 Goldwind 750 kW turbines, is expected to produce 120 GWh annually for Xinjiang. Phase II will mirror Phase I in terms of capacity, investment and wind turbines. Its construction began in December and is scheduled to conclude early next year. According to Goldwind's plan, combined installed capacity at Mayitasi will reach its 500 MW goal by 2013, with investment totalling CNY 4 billion ($585.7 million). Tacheng Tianrun is 51% owned by Beijing Tianrun New Energy Investment, a subsidiary of Xinjiang Goldwind Science & Technology. The remaining 49% is jointly owned by Guohua Energy Investment and Shenhua International (Hong Kong).

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs