After nearly half a century, the village of Högel is returning to wind power at long last, reports wind plant developer AN Windenergie. The little town in North Friesland was electrified in 1923 with an Adler wind turbine. At the end of the 1950s, the turbine was dismantled and the village was connected to the grid of utility Schleswag. Now a third of the village inhabitants are stakeholders in a co-operatively owned wind station, managed by two local farmers, which operates seven, 1 MW AN Bonus machines. All units came on-line towards the end of last year, reports AN Windenergie.