Germany

Germany

More Eldorado support discussed - Programme ands

Germany's Eldorado programme -- which supported demonstration wind plant in developing countries with climates not normally found in Europe -- has come to a close. During its five year span, the programme supported the erection of 125 turbines (22.8 MW) supplied by six German manufacturers.

China has been by far the most popular Eldorado destination, with nearly 10 MW MW. Other projects were spread across South America, Africa and central and east European countries. Under the terms of the programme, Eldorado projects received a 70% subsidy of the purchase price of the technology and the cost of its international transport. When other project costs are taken into consideration, Eldorado support amounted to about 50% of the total cost of each venture.

A follow-up programme is being discussed at the Federal Ministry for Education, Science, Research and Technology. It is already clear that a new Eldorado will have a more commercial slant. Most likely, the foreign purchaser will have to pay a flat 30% of the turbine price, while the ministry will make loans available for the other 70% at an attractive

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Windpower Monthly Events


Latest Jobs