Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

Germany

Germany

SGL group gets control of Abeking and Rasmussen Rotec

Germany's SGL Group has acquired a 51% controlling stake in independent turbine blade manufacturer Abeking & Rasmussen Rotec for an undisclosed sum. The remaining 49% stays in the hands of German yacht builder Abeking & Rasmussen. The company will now operate under the name of SGL Rotec, although the deal is still subject to approval by German antitrust authorities. For SGL, which specialises in carbon and graphite products including carbon fibres and composites, the acquisition completes its chain of supply to the wind industry, from raw material production through processing to finished blades. Rotec has long term supply agreements with several turbine makers, as well as a stake in Powerblades, a joint venture with German turbine supplier Repower Systems, for blades of over 60 metres for offshore wind turbines. Rotec's turnover for 2008 is forecast at EUR 50 million. SGL plans to expand the blade business into China, India, Turkey and North America. This will include establishing local production sites.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs