Germany

Germany

Wind companies behind Valencia 120 MW

The wind companies behind a 120 MW business plan for Valencia have been revealed as Sistemas de Energías Regenerativas SA (SERSA), a sister company of German developer EnerSys, and fellow German project developer Umweltkontor. Each own 45% of Nuevas Energias Valencianas SA (Nevasa). The remaining 10% of Nevasa is owned equally by Valencian businesses Industrias Ochoa and Grupo Empresarial Cooperativo Valenciano. Umweltkontor's Spanish division is based in Andalucia, though its first successful development in Spain is the 100 MW La Muela plant in Aragón, in which it has a 26% share. Umweltkontor claims to have projects totalling 1000 MW in Spain. SERSA maintains that EnerSys' experience was a key factor in winning the public competition for Zone 7, as it is defined in Valencia's wind development strategy plan. EnerSys, founded eight years ago, has put up a total of 150 turbines, mostly in Germany. SERSA's main holder is German renewables group Nevag, which owns 75%, though the executive reigns are in the hands of Weyer, a German investor who owns the remaining 25%. Nevasa is looking for a turbine supplier. Its original plan to use 1 MW from Sersa's sister company, Frisia, has been abandoned since Frisia's bankruptcy.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Windpower Monthly Events


Latest Jobs