Germany

Germany

Permit granted for Poland's first offshore plant

The Polish marine authority in Warsaw has granted a development permit for the country's first offshore wind station to the Polish subsidiary of German developer P&T Technology. If construction goes ahead, the 122-183 MW project comprising 61 turbines is to be located in the Bialogora region of the Baltic Sea, off the coastal town of Slupsk. Before a construction permit can be granted P&T must carry out a number of research studies. The firm has commissioned a Danzig-based hydrography institute to carry out the work, expected to take about 18 months. "We expect a construction permit at the end of 2003 after which we could begin installation straight away," according to P&T managing director Jens Peters. The site lies 14 kilometres off the Polish coast at a depth of four to 20 metres. "The shallow water and the short distance to the coast will reduce specific offshore costs," Peters says. The project development company is Offshore Poland P&T & Friends based in Konzalin, a 90% subsidiary of P&T Technology Polska, which in turn is owned by P&T Technology in Hamburg. A specialist developer and a Polish energy company share the other 10%.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Windpower Monthly Events


Latest Jobs