Utility buys stake in Crockahenny wind farm

Google Translate

Ireland's electricity utility ESB has bought a 75% stake in a new wind farm at Crockahenny on Donegal's Inishowen peninsula. The ten 500 kW turbines were supplied by Enercon of Germany, which owns the remaining 25% of the project. The 5 MW wind farm began operating at the end of May. ESB was involved in the early stages of the project, but most of its development was carried out by Western Windpower with Wind Prospect -- both based in the UK.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Latest news

Partner content