Visit for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts



Portugal's EDP plans expansion

The renewables division of Energías de Portugal (EDP) says that it plans to bring 1200-1300 MW of new wind capacity online this year to bring its grand total to over 6.4 GW. The company currently operates 5165 MW distributed over six European countries, Brazil and the US. In the first quarter of the year, EDP Renováveis (EDPR) brought 113 MW online, representing an investment of EUR 230 million in Europe and EUR 174 million in the United States, with 92% going towards construction and development activities and the remaining 8% for buying wind turbines, says company boss Ana Maria Fernandes. EDPR currently has 477 MW building in Spain, 300 MW in the US, 120 MW in Poland, 72 MW in Portugal, 26 MW in France and 23 MW in Belgium for a grand total of 1017 MW.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs