United States

United States


Portland General Electric Co (PGE) has signed a 30 year power purchase agreement for Kenetech's planned wind plant in Oregon. When constructed, the 25 MW plant will be the first commercial scale wind farm in Oregon. It will be built northeast of Pendleton, in Umatilla County, to be operational in 1997. Kenetech has started preliminary studies and hopes to have the permitting completed by the end of 1996, the companies announced on October 3. In February, PGE signed an agreement for a 40% ownership in a 30.5 MW Columbia Hills Wind Project near Goldendale, in Washington state. PacifiCorp will own the remaining 60% of the project.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in