United Kingdom

United Kingdom


Google Translate

In the last financial year £1,205 million was raised through the Fossil Fuel Levy to support the nuclear industry and renewable energy. By far the largest share of levy proceeds -- 92 per cent -- went to nuclear companies, leaving the remaining 8% to be shared between all renewable generators -- those with contracts under the Non Fossil Fuel Obligation. Next year, however, electricity regulator Stephen Littlechild expects the renewable component to increase to around 10%. The levy is a tax on fossil fuelled generation and is collected from public electricity suppliers in England and Wales.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in