Breakthrough contract for Siemens since acquisition of Bonus

Siemens has landed its first deal since entering the wind power market last year with its acquisition of Danish turbine manufacturer Bonus. In a deal worth around EUR 17.8 million, its Spanish technology partner, Izar, has won an order to supply its 1.3 MW machines for the 16.9 MW Silvarredondo project currently being developed by Enel-Unión Fenosa Renovables (EUFR) in the Coruña province of Galicia. Meanwhile, EUFR has awarded the turbine supply contract for its 30 MW Sierra Oliva project to Vestas. The Danish company will supply its 1.5 MW machines for the project. EUFR is a joint venture formed in 2003 when Italy's top utility, Enel, bought 80% of the renewables assets of Spanish utility Unión Fenosa, which holds the remaining 20%. Recently, Unión Fenosa's Honorato López announced the utility plans to implement a 30% buy-back option on EUFR, part of the original joint venture deal, "just as soon as the right financial moment arrives," he says.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in