EU funding boost for RWE's hydrogen and offshore business

RWE’s Nordsee Two has been pre-selected by the EU Innovation Fund, a programme which subsidises breakthrough technologies for renewable energy.

Nordsee Two wind farm, off the German coast, has a planned grid capacity of 433MW and is scheduled to come online for 2026.

The German energy firm holds a 51% stake in the wind farm’s project company, Nordsee two GmbH, and its Canadian partner, Northland Power, holds the remaining 49%. The partners aim to demonstrate the technical and commercial feasibility of producing hydrogen at sea.

RWE's FUREC hydrogen project in the Netherlands is also among the 17 schemes to have been picked by the EU fund.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in