Germany

Germany

Nordex nearly doubles wind turbine order intake in Q2

Europe and Latin America share order book that grew to 1,534MW in Q2 2021 – up from 888MW in Q2 2020

Installation of one of Nordex's N149/4.X turbines from its Delta platform
Installation of one of Nordex's N149/4.X turbines from its Delta platform

Google Translate

Nordex Group received orders of 1,534MW in the second quarter of 2021, achieving a total of nearly 2.8GW for the first half of the year.

The figures compare well with last year, when 2.5GW was achieved in H1, and only 888MW in Q2.

From April to June 2021, customers ordered a total of 297 wind turbines for projects in nine countries, Nordex stated, with Europe accounting for about 54% of the Q2 order intake, and Latin America for the remaining 46%. 

The strongest individual markets in Europe were Finland, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain, while two large orders in Brazil stood out in Latin America.

The Delta4000 series accounted for 89% of order intake in Q2, in capacity terms, and for 82% in H1, up from 79% in H1 2020. The N163/5.X turbine model alone was responsible for more than 63% of orders, with 170 turbines and 969MW.

“The further increase in the share of our Delta4000 series in order intake reflects the strong demand for high-efficient turbines in the 4MW+ and 5MW+ segments worldwide,” said José Luis Blanco, CEO of the Nordex Group.

“With the existing highly flexible six turbine variants of this platform, the Nordex Group is very well positioned to continue to benefit from this global trend,” he added. 

Nordex has installed more than 33GW of wind energy capacity in over 40 markets worldwide. It generated revenues of €4.6 billion in 2020. 

The product portfolio is focused on onshore turbines in the 4MW to 5.X MW class, which are customised for the requirements of countries with limited space and regions with limited grid capacity.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Latest news

Partner content