It will provide 58 units of its SG 3.4-132 model, 28 of the SG 2.6-114, and six of it SG 2.1-114 for five developers awarded capacity in recent auctions.
The manufacturer will also operate and maintain all of the new facilities.
Delivery of the turbines will begin in October 2018, Siemens Gamesa stated,
The manufacturer will:
- Provide 23 of its SG 3.4-132 turbines (82MW) for Grupo Jorge’s Coscojar II and El Aguila II wind farms in Pedrola and Plasencia de Jalón in the north-eastern province of Zaragoza. It will also service the two wind farms for ten years;
- Supply seven of its SG 3.4-132 machines (24MW) for Viesgo’s El Marquesado project in Puerto Real in south-westerly Cadiz. It will also operate and maintain the site for 15 years;
- Build the El Balsón wind farm under a turnkey arrangement for public irrigation scheme Communidad General de Riegos del Alto Aragón. It will supply nine SG 3.4-132 turbines (31MW) for the site in Gurrea de Gállego in Huesca province in the north-east;
- Supply 19 units of the SG 3.4-132 model and six of the 2.1-114 model to an unnamed energy company for three unspecified wind farms in Lugo (north-west), Malaga (south) and Guadalajara (central) with a combined capacity of 79MW;
- Install 28 SG 2.6-114 turbines for another unnamed energy company at three projects, two of which are in La Coruña.
Siemens Games has installed more than 11.9GW in Spain, according to Windpower Intelligence, the research and data division of Windpower Monthly.
It services more than 7.5GW of turbines in Spain, the company stated.