Investigation underway following accident at White Rock

AUSTRALIA: Goldwind Australia has confirmed three workers were transported to hospital following an incident at the White Rock wind project in New South Wales.

Blades arrive in Australia for Goldwind's turbines being installed at the White Rock wind project

Emergency services were called to the project on the evening of 26 June, after reports a vehicle had rolled over.

Three workers were taken to hospital, with local newspaper Glen Innes Examiner reporting one man was flown by helicopter with chest injuries.

Goldwind said on Wednesday (28 June) that one of those injured had been discharged.

"Goldwind Australia management and staff place safety as our highest priority, across all of our sites. A comprehensive safety management system is in place at White Rock Wind Farm as part of Goldwind Australia's certified safety management system," a statement from the manufacturer read.

"A vehicle roll-over incident occurred late on Monday afternoon at White Rock Wind Farm as workers were leaving site.

"The project emergency response plan was enacted by the site team and the emergency services responded promptly.

"The three occupants of the vehicle were given immediate assistance and then transported to hospital — one injured worker was admitted and was subsequently discharged from hospital on Wednesday.

"A detailed investigation of the incident is underway to identify the cause of the incident and required actions. Goldwind will continue to liaise with SafeWork NSW throughout the investigation," the statement continued.

The White Rock project is a 175MW site, due online by the end of the year, using 70 of Goldwind's GW121/2500 turbines. Goldwind owns a 25% stake in the project, with CECEP Wind-Power Corporation owning the remaining 75%.