A2Sea to install Dudgeon turbines

UK: A2Sea will install the turbines at the Dudgeon offshore project after being handed a contract by developers Statoil, Statkraft and Masdar.

A2Sea will install the 6MW turbines at the project

The vessel operator will construct the Siemens 6MW turbines on the 402MW in the UK North Sea from its Sea Installer jack-up vessel.

Work on installing the turbines is set to begin in autumn 2016, with the project due to come online in 2017.

A2Sea is currently installing the Siemens 6MW turbines on the Westermost Rough project, also in the UK North Sea.

Masdar bought a 35% stake in the Dudgeon project in September, after Statoil sold half of its 70% stake. Statkraft holds the remaining 30% stake.

Earlier this week, the developers handed Carillion the contract to install the onshore cables for the project.