Of last year's 127MW in new offshore capacity, 113MW – or 89% - focused on inter-tidal wind farms, according to data released by the Chinese Wind Energy Association (CWEA). CWEA has tracked the turbine models installed by developers in 2012.
- 1 United Power 3MW turbine installed by Guodian at Binhai offshore wind farm in Shandong province
- 1 United Power 6MW turbine also installed by Guodian, at Weifang pilot wind farm, Shandong
- 1 XEMC 5MW turbine installed by Fujian Investment & Development at Fuqing, Fujian province
- 2 CSIC Haizhuang 5MW turbines installed by Longyuan Power at the inter-tidal project in Rudong, Jiangsu
- Longyuan Power also installed 20 Goldwind 2.5MW turbines at the 150MW Rudong inter-tidal demonstration project, followed by a further 20 Goldwind 2.5MW turbines. The latter formed an extension to the Rudong project.
- Yangtze New Energies Development installed one Goldwind 3MW turbine at an inter-tidal pilot project in Xiangshui, Jiangsu.