The first round for 2GW covering seven projects was won by Balfour Beatty Capital, Macquerie Capital and Transmission Capital Partners.
Ofgem expects to announce the winner in the summer.
The bidders are:
- Balfour Beatty Capital Ltd
- Blue Transmission (a consortium of Macquarie Capital Group, Barclays Infrastructure Funds Management Ltd and Frontier Power Ltd)
- Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Ltd/Hongkong Electric International Ltd
- Green Energy Transmission (a consortium of Equitix Ltd and AMP Capital Investors Ltd)
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- National Grid Offshore Ltd
- Transmission Capital Partners (a consortium of Transmission Capital Ltd, International Public Partnerships Ltd and Amber Infrastructure)
- Ventran Consortium (a consortium of BRITEL Fund Trustees Ltd (as custodian of BT Pension Scheme) and Universtities Superannuation
Further tenders for the Humber Gateway, Race Bank and West of Duddon Sands projects are expected to begin in the spring.