what's in store for 2015?
Windpower Monthly is excited to announce the next instalment of our Blade Operations And Maintenance Forum , consolidating the success of our move to North America’s dynamic onshore wind industry.
The event promises to bring you the latest in blade integrity management practices and strategies to dramatically reduce blade downtime and ensure enhanced AEP. This will be tackled through updates on major project case studies and analysis of methodologies to boost aerodynamic optimisation.
The 2nd Annual edition this November will feature crucial topics, with insights on how to:
- Address the most advanced strategies to reduce the risk of leading edge erosion
- Discover the reality of occurrences under the blade surface through access to the latest inspection methods and end of warranty inspection techniques
- Assess the various lightning protection systems on the market for improved blade protection
- Pro-actively reduce trailing edge issues during the manufacturing phase
- Overcome common mistakes and maximise repair techniques, through exposure of the most effective ways to distinguish between dirt and damage on high resolution images
- Gain an industry understanding of the various corrective actions to common blade failures, by revealing the hands-on issues usually undertaken by contractors
Meet the Blades Event Ambassadors who we are working closely with to help shape the agenda and deliver the most cutting-edge and relevant content.
The agenda is currently in production. If you would like to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion or to discuss speaking opportunities, please contact Lucy Shardalow a firstname.lastname@example.org .
Who attends and what do they say?
Last year's event was attended by 50 key figures involved in all aspects of blade inspection and maintenance including Blade Specialists & Engineers, Product Managers, R&D, Project Managers, Technical Managers & Directors and Heads of O&M.
The event also drew representation from across the industry...
...and across the globe.
What do attendees say?
Sales Engineer Blade Services
"I was impressed at the fact that I really learned a lot and I've been doing this for 7 years and I work on blades and only blades. This is a welcome relief, with clear benefits for the industry, in terms of what I deal with on a daily basis."
Senior Vice President
“It was a great get together of both technical and operational experts, a good blend of hands-on engineering and real world folks out there. For this event in particular, there was great open dialogue on the trends in repair, maintenance and inspection of blades.”
Eastern Regional Manager
"I’ve been actually encouraging our asset managers and people who don’t understand the wind business to go to your conferences because in 15 years that’s the most I’ve learned about blades, in 15 years of the wind industry."
what to expect
- A conference format: 20 expert presentations over 2 days
- 2 optional interactive pre-conference focus sessions
- A technical and commercially focussed programme based on over 100 hours of market research
- Case studies from industry leading organisations helping you make more informed decisions about your blade inspection, protection and repair activities
- 5 hours of dedicated networking time
- Meet the right people: 100% relevant audience of key blades specialists all under one roof
- An intimate and friendly learning environment: share the experience with only 50 other like-minded professionals and get your questions answered
The Blade Operations And Maintenance Forum offers an excellent opportunity for you to promote your organisation and its capabilities to senior delegates from the wind industry.
If you are interested in learning more about how we can work together to move your ideas forward, please contact Heather Smith on +44 (0) 20 8267 4785 or email email@example.com .
Sheraton Suites Houston Near The Galleria
2400 West Loop South