A WELCOME FROM LYN HARRISON, FORMER EDITOR & FOUNDER OF WINDPOWER MONTHLY :
a note from the Chair
what's in store for 2015?
Windpower Monthly's Blade Inspection Damage And Repair Forum is back! This year’s edition will be held 28-30 September in the windy city of Copenhagen.
Meet the Blades Advisory Committee who we are working closely with to help shape the agenda and deliver the most cutting-edge and relevant content.
Committe member Christian Claus, Global Business Manager Wind Energy at 3M says:
"The Rotor is the Motor… and it´s great to see that blades finally get the attention they deserve. Looking forward to the upcoming Windpower Monthly Blade Event to hear from leading experts about the latest developments and trends.”
Based on your feedback from last year’s event, we will be bringing you more original case studies and the latest industry thinking on cost-effective practices for blade performance optimisation and enhanced AEP. In particular, this year's agenda will focus on:
- How to boost blade aerodynamic performance and reduce blade downtime
- Learn what’s really happening under the blade surface through the latest inspection methods
- Access the most advanced strategies to reduce the risk of leading edge erosion
- Hear the proactive and reactive hands-on experience that will reduce blade damage and optimise performance
- Effectively tackle demanding environmental conditions and harsh weather to speed up the repair process
- How to minimise OPEX by improving blade maintenance strategies
featuring industry leaders from:
Last year's event was attended by 90 key figures involved in all aspects of blade inspection and maintenance including Blade Specialists & Engineers, Product Managers, R&D, Project Managers, Technical Managers & Directors and Heads of O&M.
The event also drew representation from across the industry:
what past attendees say: