This is a brand new event about improving the acceptability of wind into European power grids. View the brochure here .
This forum will walk delegates through:
- Dong Wind's views on the viability of offering ancillary services in its areas of operation in Europe
- Bord Gais's experiences of providing ancillary services to SONI and Eirgrid and a view of where regulations are heading
- Grid operators' requirements from wind developers - with TenneT TSO
- How will grid compliance and ancillary services shape the future of turbine and substation design and their control? Enercon and REservicES share their insights
- New findings from the USA: NREL's analysis of how wind providing active power control can improve the frequency response performance of the system
- The latest pilot projects and research about which ancillary services wind farms can offer, technical risks and the economics involved
- The different grid balancing/ancillary services wind farms can offer to Transmission System Operators (TSOs) and/or Distribution Network Operators (DNOs)
The technologies and estimated costs involved in offering capabilities such as frequency response, reactive power and voltage control, including:
- power electronics
- substation infrastructure
- turbine design
- automation and control systems
Visit our new Resource Hub , packed full of articles and reports on pertinent topics including the capabilities of Wind Generators, and how they can improve the integration of wind into power systems.
Windpower Monthly Events