Consultant, Surface Engineering
Manager - Offshore Wind Innovations
The Carbon Trust
Global Quality Office
E.ON Climate & Renewables
Leading Expert - Offshore Engineering
Offshore Project Engineer
Consultant, Surface Engineering - TWI
Academic qualifications: MEng (Chemical Engineering)
Professional qualifications: Eur Ing, C Eng, FWeld I
David joined TWI in 1986 and has specialised in thermal spray coating technology for more than 20 years. One of his main areas of responsibility has been the evaluation and testing of thermal spray aluminium (TSA) coatings for application to welded offshore oil and gas facilities. This has included the completion of four major joint industry projects generating performance data that has been widely adopted into client offshore coating specifications. TWI has recently completed a major study on the long-term performance of TSA in the splash and tidal zone and this work continues with a UK industrial consortium which is evaluating the up-scaling of the TSA coating process for application to monopile and jacket structures.
Global Quality Office - E.ON Climate & Renewables
Tim Kretschmer is Welsh born and bred and a rugby fanatic with 30+ years experience in Quality within the Wind, Automotive and Industrial sectors. He is currently working for Eon Climate & Renewables GmbH based in Essen, Germany in a global on and offshore Quality role.
Tim's responsibilities are primarily Mechanical within the Wind Turbine Farm including the generators, substation, foundations and cable(s) subsystems and supplier management via pre Tender audits, Project Inspection & Test Audit Plans (IT(A)P), Lessons Learned and Continuous Improvement activities. Tim is currently involved in the Humber Gateway and Rampion Off shore UK wind farm projects potentially yielding 1000Mw renewable energy by 2018.
Tim has been married to Moira for 37 years with 2 daughters and 2 grand-daughters. His hobbies include teaching RLSS Lifesaving as a Mentor and Trainer/Assessor with Cwmbran Lions, Swimming, Gardening and DIY.
Manager - Offshore Wind Innovations - The Carbon Trust
Marc holds an MSc in Structural and Construction Civil Engineering, complemented with Naval Architecture knowledge by the Lloyd’s Maritime Academy.
Marc joined the Carbon Trust’s Offshore Wind Accelerator as a Technology Acceleration Manager. The OWA is a collaborative RD&D JIP between Carbon Trust and nine leading offshore wind developers that aims to reduce the cost of offshore wind. He is involved in both the Foundation and Access Systems areas, managing the de-risking of cutting edge innovative concepts and new installation techniques.
Previously Marc was the head of the Offshore Wind Division of Esteyco Energia, an international wind energy concrete tower and foundation design company. He managed the development and design of a self-float-and-sink concept (including the installation of the foundation, tower, nacelle and blades) from the complete construction to the installation process. Before Marc was involved in the structural design of onshore precast concrete towers and he also worked for structural civil engineering specialised consulting and construction companies.
Offshore Project Engineer - RES
Ben joined RES Offshore’s engineering team in 2012 and has supported their design and management work of internal corrosion systems for the last year. He has worked on front end design and testing of internal corrosion protection systems through to fabrication of foundations and associated protection. He has also led current investigations into determining whether there is a need for installing cathodic protection retrofits on Round 1 and early Round 2 UK wind farms or if the is sufficient conservatism in the designs to achieve the required life. RES have also managed the offshore installation of anode retrofits and the subsequent analysis of the gathered data on the performance of the cathodic system and its effects to fatigue life. In this way, Ben has access to a range of knowledge covering all phases of corrosion protection design and installation.
Prior to joining RES, Ben studied Physics at Oxford University followed by a 6 year commission in the Army with the Royal Engineers.
full Speaker line up...
- Alex Delwiche, Engineering Manager, Deepwater EU
- Ben Simpson, Offshore Project Engineer, RES Offshore
- Birit Buhr Jensen, Lead Corrosion Specialist Offshore Design, DONG Energy
- Brian Wyatt, Past President, Institute Of Corrosion (ICORR)
- Dave Harvey, Consultant - Surface Engineering, TWI
- Dr. Paul Chess, Corrosion Engineer, FORCE Technology
- Dr. Robin Jacobs, Independent Consultant (Cathodic Protection)
- Elwyn Klaver, Design Manager Offshore Wind, Ballast Nedam Engineering
- Jens B. Gjerding, Chief Structural Engineer, DONG Energy
- Marc Costa Ros, Manager - Offshore Wind Innovations, The Carbon Trust
- Marc Seidel, Leading Expert Offshore Engineering, Senvion
- Oliver Kranz, Chemist, Fraunhofer Institute for Wind Energy and Energy System Technology IWES
- Prof. Paul Lambert, Technical Director - Materials And Corrosion Engineering, Mott Macdonald
- Robert Addlesee, Global Technology Leader For Fixed Structures, Lloyd's Register Energy
- Teit Schoenberg, Package Manager, RWE
- Tim Kretschmer, Global Quality Office, E.ON Climate And Renewables
- Trevor Osborne, President, Institute Of Corrosion (ICORR)
- Troels Mathiesen, Corrosion Specialist, FORCE Technology
Windpower Monthly Events