Chairman’s Opening Remarks:
What have We Learnt About Applying Solutions To The Offshore Wind Environment?
Institute Of Corrosion (ICorr)
Industry Experiences Of CP Systems
An Operator’s Experience Of The Performance Of Corrosion Protection Solution
• Identifying which system to use and their impact on the integrity of the structure
• How were the solutions installed on the structures?
• How did each system perform and how did they interact with each other?
EDF’s Experiences Of Corrosion Protection For Internal Monopiles At Teesside Wind Farm
• Issues that were faced in the internal monopiles at Teesside
• Results of CP gas sensors including corrosion rate data over time from the site
• Chemical reactions to the cathodic protection inside the monopile and its impact on the behaviour of the steel
• Future plans for long term corrosion monitoring experiments
Claire Canning, Offshore Wind Research Engineer,
Oil And Gas Case Study:
What Can Offshore Wind Learn From In-Field Experiences Of Different CP Solutions?
• An overview of the corrosion problem that was being addressed
• Which solution was applied and why?
• How has the problem advanced and how effective was the solution? What have been the practical lessons learnt?
- Networking Break And Morning Refreshments -
Which Electrical Protection Solutions Are The Best Performers?
Cathodic Protection: What Is Its Real Lifespan And What Are The Industry’s Experiences Of It?
• How quickly do sacrificial anodes decay in on an Offshore Wind installation? What causes the decay?
• Do we need to revisit our assumptions about the salinity of the water or water/column interaction?
Cathodic Protection Of XL Monopiles In Deep Water: What Are The Best Solutions?
• Can we solve the problem by upping the specification of the paint system or moving to aluminium spray?
• What are the economics involved in installing cathodic protection on the seabed?
• Which other solutions are in being considered to ensure the protection of XL monopiles?
ICCP Systems: Weighing Up The Concerns And Benefits
• How are existing ICCP systems performing on wind farms?
• What has been the experience of installing ICCP systems? What has gone well and what were the difficulties?
• How does ICCP affect coatings? Is this dependent on how far the devices are turned up? What are the guidelines on this issue?
• Is there a relationship between corrosion protection of offshore wind structures and the corrosion of vessels entering a site that uses ICCP?
- Networking Lunch -
What Is The Future Direction Of Coatings Use In The Offshore Wind Industry?
Coatings: What Have We Learnt About Applying Them To Offshore Wind Farms?
• What have been the lessons learnt about the application of coatings to internal and external surfaces on monopiles and jackets?
• Are coatings really being damaged during installation or is this an empty concern?
• How long are different coatings lasting on offshore wind farms?
If you are interested in presenting in this slot please contact
The Viability Of Using Aluminium, Zinc And Copper Coatings For Offshore Wind
• How do the upfront costs compare to that of other coatings?
• What guarantees do we have that it will last for the lifetime of the structures?
• Do these coatings reduce cathodic disbondment?
• What is the expected reduction in maintenance liabilities over the life of a wind farm?
• Are these options only feasible for sites that have a particularly high corrosion risk?
- Networking Break And Afternoon Refreshments -
Analysing The Best Options For Bringing Down LCE Over Life
Maximising Lifetime Asset Integrity Study Update
• What were the main root causes of integrity failure in different foundation types?
• Recommendations about secondary structures design and specifications
• What is the real extent of vessel damage to coatings?
Marc Costa Ros, Senior Manager, Offshore Wind,
The Carbon Trust
Which Solutions Will Ensure The Lifetime Of Offshore Structures And Bring Down LCE?
• Which systems will survive the 20 – 25 year lifetime of the wind farm?
• What kind of impact each solution will have on the design of structures and how will it affect CAPEX and project timescales?
• Calculating the LCE of each system, looking at both CAPEX and OPEX over life
Join your fellow delegates for a relaxing glass of wine or beer to end off the day in style.