Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

Germany

Germany

GAINING EXPERIENCE ABROAD

As well as providing money for projects in developing countries through a research ministry budget, Germany also supports wind development activities abroad through the Eldorado programme, which aims to develop, test, demonstrate and improve wind and photovoltaic systems under climatic, economic, social and organisational conditions different from those found in Germany.

As well as supporting wind energy in developing countries through a research ministry budget, Germany also provides money for the same purpose through its Eldorado programme, introduced in October 1991. The aim of this five year programme, administered by the Jülich Research Centre, is to develop, test, demonstrate and improve wind and photovoltaic systems under climatic, economic, social and organisational conditions different from those found in Germany. Of the envisaged 20 MW wind capacity to be installed, 4.95 MW is now operating. Under Eldorado, the Federal Research Ministry provides a maximum 70% of the cost of the turbine at the factory gate while the partner country carries the remaining 30% and all additional costs. The operators must keep a log book to document the plant performance which is then reported back to the manufacturing company.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs