Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

Spain

Spain

Gamesa builds 50 MW plant

Spain's Gamesa Energia and Argentina's Comodoro Rivadavia electricity co-operative, Cooagua, have teamed up to develop 50 MW of wind power capacity for the town of Rada Tilly, in southern Argentina's Chubut province. Gamesa is working through its 100%-owned local subsidiary Gamesa Energia Austral, which seeks to install 7 MW in the short term, says Gamesa Energia's Jorge Cortina. He adds that construction will start this year and connection to the grid will take place within 12 months. Gamesa Energia Austral owns 84% of the project, with Cooagua holding the remaining 16%. Under a turnkey contract Gamesa identified the site, conducted wind monitoring, and will provide and install the turbines for about $1 million per MW installed, Cortina says. The project is intended as an alternative energy source for Rada Tilly to reduce power purchase costs. Since the town already has other generation sources, the Gamesa project will not have any back-up generation system. Also in Comodoro Rivadavia, Gamesa has supplied the turbines for an 11 MW wind farm under construction for the local distributor that should be completed by July 2001.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs