Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

Japan

Japan

Opening of Mitsubishi 20 MW project

The largest wind plant on the island of Shikoku, the smallest of Japan's four main home islands, began operating in March. Comprising 20 Mitsubishi 1 MW turbines, the ยด490 million mountaintop Hayama plant is a joint venture between the Osaka Gas subsidiary Sojitz Corporation, which holds a 51% share, and Gas and Power Investment Company, which holds the remaining 49%. The electricity generated will be supplied to regional utility, Shikoku Electric Power Company. Sited 1000 metres above sea level, the plant is notable for being the first in Japan where turbine blades were brought in by helicopter -- and extra-deep foundations were created to safeguard against earthquakes.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs