Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

China

China

Plans to develop up to 1GW for region of Tong Liao City

Tong Liao Wind Energy Production, a joint venture between US firm Global 8 Environmental Technologies and China Tong Liao Baolong New Energy (CTB), has announced a $1 billion plan to develop up to 1000 MW of wind capacity in the region of Tong Liao City, Inner Mongolia. The 49.5 MW first phase will comprise 33, 1.5 MW turbines. The Inner Mongolia Development and Reform Commission has granted the joint venture with exclusive land rights to two sites. Global 8 holds an 85% stake in the new company, with CTB holding the remaining 15%. The term of the joint venture is 50 years. "We are very fortunate to have secured this project and this site. Since we first started pursuing the project one year ago, the wind energy industry in that region has undergone sky-rocketing expansion," says Global 8's Ed Kroeker. "Availability of new sites is very limited and the two sites we have secured are considered to be among the most valuable in the region from the standpoint of wind potential."

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs