Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

Argentina

Argentina

Argentina implements rural renewable energy funding program

Argentina's energy secretariat signed agreements in December with the provinces of Chubut, Río Negro, Mendoza, San Luis, Corrientes and Tucumán for the implementation of its Renewable Energy in Rural Markets program (Permer), which seeks to provide power to remote rural areas for lighting and communications. Investment will be $120 million over five years, with 60% coming from a mixture of the World Bank, the secretariat and provincial funds, while the private sector will supply the remaining 40%. The private sector will make initial equipment purchases, while users will pay an installation fee and monthly charge.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs