Visit windpowermonthlyevents.com for the latest on our upcoming conferences and webcasts

Denmark

Denmark

Danes buy Swedish wind developer

Danish wind turbine manufacturer NEG Micon is buying 80% of Sweden's Vindkompaniet. The remaining 20% will stay in the hands of the company's founders, Andreas Wickman, Jonas Dahlström, Göte Niklassan and Staffan Niklasson. The acquisition is "a continuation of NEG Micon's strategy on the Swedish market," says the Danish company. In the autumn it bought Wind World, a Danish company whose turbines make up nearly half of Sweden's 148 MW of total installed capacity.

Vindkompaniet, which in the past sold Wind World turbines, will now be Swedish sales agent for Wind World and sales and service organisation for NEG Micon in Sweden. Vindkompaniet also plans to continue as a wind project developer.

"We've been looking for a partner for a long time," says Wickman. "Today we have to spend too much time and effort convincing banks to grant loans for our development projects. With NEG Micon as a partner with financial clout, Vindkompaniet can build wind farms, instead of spending its time negotiating with banks about financing."

Vindkompaniet has been a main player in the Swedish offshore scene. With a 3 MW R&D project on-line at Bockstigen-Valar, the company is developing at least four more, including a 10 MW plant at Utgrunden near Öland. The Utgrunden project, now caught in political debate (previous story), was sold to Tacke Windenergie, a German subsidiary of American power giant Enron (Windpower Monthly, February 1999). "Vindkompaniet's role at Utgrunden is one of several decisions still to be taken. There are many details still to be negotiated," says Wickman.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles
and free email bulletins.

Sign up now
Already registered?
Sign in

Before commenting please read our rules for commenting on articles.

If you see a comment you find offensive, you can flag it as inappropriate. In the top right-hand corner of an individual comment, you will see 'flag as inappropriate'. Clicking this prompts us to review the comment. For further information see our rules for commenting on articles.

comments powered by Disqus

Windpower Monthly Events

Latest Jobs