Therefore leading title Windpower Monthly has put together the only event looking specifically at offshore grid and transmission to really get to the heart of the issue.
This event will bring together big names and in-the-field practitioners to discuss the realities being faced by the wind industry to continue to deliver offshore wind plants.
Top reasons to attend:
- The Crown Estate, National Grid, and DECC open the event with a discussion around the current state of play with the offshore grid and how the industry needs to move forward
- Ofgem discuss the effects of changes to the regulatory regime for the offshore grid on the future of offshore renewables
- Siemens, ABB, Acciona and GE explore the latest developments in AC and DC connections to understand their cost benefits and appropriateness for different offshore project needs
- RES Ltd assess what is going to be necessary going forward to installation methods, particularly as more wind projects move further from shore
- GL Garrad Hassan, Iberdrola and Narec examine the latest technological and supply chain developments for offshore transmission cable
- This is the only event that will really get down into the details around the issues facing the expansion of offshore wind due problems with the grid
- Anonymous voting technology will be used throughout the day to ensure that you can gain honest answers from your peers about their questions and concerns around offshore grid and transmission
For more information, please see www.windoffshoregridevent.com.